Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Budapest, Hungary--Nantes, France--La Vendée, France—Day 158

 Today I flew from Budapest to Nantes, France via Paris. My flight left early in the morning took a taxi to the airport. After getting dropped off at the wrong terminal, I had to lug all of my stuff back to the terminal next door but still had about a half an hour before I was even allowed to check in. I checked in and boarded my flight. Arriving into Paris, I had to book it to my connecting flight which was in another terminal.  But to get to that terminal you had to go through the passport line and then exit through a small walkway back into the airport terminals rather than heading into the baggage claim.  Luckily I didn’t get lost although I was sure that I was heading in the wrong direction.  After running for a bit I was finally able to slow down as I found my gate and jumped in line.  At this point I had just 10 minutes to spare before it was going to take off so I was lucky that they had started boarding a little bit late.  On my way I passed a Hippopotamus Restaurant that I know are all around France but didn’t have time to stop and take a picture.  Maybe on my way back!
 
I made it to Nantes and met my Mom and her husband Peter at the baggage claim. Despite losing one of my pieces of luggage (which we will have to pick up in the morning from the Nantes airport on our way to the Pont-Scorff Zoo), I made it on time and was really happy to see them. We then drove back to their house which is located in the La Vendée area of the western part of France.
 
 
 
(c) 2004 Sarah Galbraith.  All Rights Reserved.